Below you'll find answers for an array of questions you might have. If your question remains unanswered by the selection below, contact us here.
If you live in unincorporated Palm Beach County or one of the cities listed above, you are eligible for a free card. You can get a library card at any of our locations with photo identification and proof of current address. Visit our Getting a Library Card for more information.
Yes. You can get instant access to electronic resources by filling out this form. (NOTE: You cannot borrow items at a branch or download electronic resources such as music from Freegal or ebooks from Overdrive with this code.) For information about library cards, click here.
Borrow any item on our shelves for 3 weeks. If there are no holds, you can renew materials up to 3 times. Return your materials to any branch in the Library System.
- SEARCH THE LIBRARY CATALOG.
- Type in your library card number (no spaces, ex. d012345678) and your PIN.
- Click Login to My Account.
- Click Search the Library Catalog and search catalog using the search box. After you find an item you want ...
- Click PLACE HOLD.
- Select PICK UP BRANCH.
- Click PLACE HOLD and OK to complete process.
If a book is not in our collection, we’ll be happy to try to borrow it from another library. Submit a request to borrow from another library.
You can renew an item up to three (3) times, if no one is waiting to borrow it. DVDs may be renewed once (if there is no waiting list). You can renew materials online (MY ACCOUNT) or at any branch of the Library System. For online renewal, follow these easy steps:
- Click MY ACCOUNT.
- Type in your library card number (the letter D followed by all numbers and no spaces; ex. d012345678) and your PIN (if not previously logged in).
- Click CHECKOUTS.
- Click the box to the left of the item(s) to renew, or click the SELECT ALL box.
- Click RENEW at top or bottom.
- Click YES to confirm you want to renew the selected item(s) or NO to cancel.
- The TIMES RENEWED counter will increment and a new DATE DUE will display if the item renewed. If the renewal failed, a message will appear below each item indicating why it could not be renewed. Contact the library if you have questions.
Your Personal Identification Number (PIN) allows you to access your account online so that you can check your due dates, renew items and place holds. You receive a PIN when you get your card. You can also change it to something of your choice. To retrieve or change your PIN and switch to paperless notification visit our Go Green page. If you have no email address on your account, or your email address has changed, call one of our branches.
You can borrow up to 50 items.
Beginning Oct 01, the Palm Beach County Library System will no longer charge late fines on materials that are overdue. Our mission is to provide open access to information and materials. For more information visit our Fine Free page.
Visit our Presenter/Performer Application page.