About Palm Beach County Library System
Visit one of our 17 locations located throughout the County for entertainment, education, and exploration. We offer materials in many formats to suit your needs. We have books in hard copy, paperback, large print, downloadable, and audio formats. You can borrow DVDs and music CDs. Attend one of our cultural events, computer classes, musical performances, or meetings.
Our professional research specialists can help you find the information you need for your research paper, business venture, family history, and medical condition. If you can’t make it to one of our locations – then check out our online resource and outreach services. We have eBooks, magazines, newspapers, and research sources on our website. The Bookmobile travels to more than 40 stops a month and we offer outreach services to those who are visually or physically unable to visit the library.
Connect communities, inspire thought and enrich lives.
- Enhance the role of the library in the community and offer services beyond the library’s walls.
- Build partnerships that best leverage Library and partner resources.
- Promote inclusivity and embrace diversity in collections, services, activities and spaces.
- Provide opportunities for community members to become involved with the Library.
- Provide access to technology, services and activites designed to meet the digital literacy needs of Palm Beach County citizens.
- Provide access to a collection of print, non-print, and electronic resources for borrowing and research that supports the needs and interests of Palm Beach County citizens.
- Spark creativity and stimulate thoughtful conversation by providing a welcoming environment and collaborative process with the Library.
- Design family learning opportunities to improve a child’s ability to achieve academically.
- Provide a Summer Reading Program to people of all ages.
- Offer opportunities for adults to improve basic literacy skills for success in everyday life.
- Design activities that allow the community to learn and develop new skills.
Opening minds to a world of unlimited possibilities through education, technology and growth.
Making a difference. Empowering community.
Learning and growing.
Guidelines for Use
Behavior that interferes with the use of the library by other members or staff, causes damage to buildings or equipment, or is inconsistent with the Library’s mission is prohibited.
The following behavior, as well as any other behavior that disrupts public use of the library, is prohibited:
>Creating any disturbance that interferes with the normal operations of the library, including refusal to leave when library is closing.
>Verbally, physically, or sexually harassing any person or staff member.
>Nonverbal intimidation or harassment of any person or staff member, including but not limited to such activities as stalking.
>Abusive or loud language/behavior.
>Pushing or shoving.
>Bodily hygiene that is so offensive as to constitute a nuisance to other persons.
>Leaving young children or adults needing assistance unattended.
>Leaving any bags or personal items unattended.
>Blocking or impeding progress of members into or through the library.
>Using audio or other personal equipment that disturbs others or interferes with library service.
>Abuse or vandalism of library materials, equipment, or property.
>Wearing cleats, skates, rollerblades, or other items that could damage the facility or parking/using bicycles inside the library.
>Inappropriate use of library computers, including but not limited to damaging, altering, or tampering with equipment or software; manipulating or interfering with the computer sign-up and printing software; displaying, sending, or printing obscene materials.
>Eating food in non-designated areas; drinks in covered containers are allowed.
>Selling or soliciting except with County permit.
>Smoking in library facilities or in non-designated outside areas.
>Bringing animals, except service animals, into the library.
>Not wearing shirts or shoes.
>Loitering or bathing on library property.
>Entering non-public areas such as staff workrooms or any areas marked “staff only” without permission.
>Removing library materials without checking them out.
>No weapons allowed except as permitted by Florida Statute Chapter 790. All persons entering this building consent to search to ensure compliance.
Violators will receive a warning and an opportunity to cease.Repeat or serious violations may result in suspension of Library privileges. Appeal requests may be made in writing to the Library Director.
Established through the authority of the Palm Beach County Library Policies and Procedures, #CL0-101.
Administration and Divisions
Doug Crane, Library Director -- 561-233-2600
Aurora Arthay, Assistant Library Director -- 561-233-2600
Branch Services -- Elizabeth Prior -- 561-233-2600
Collection Development -- Pamela Bruner -- 561-233-2600
Integrated Marketing Communications -- Nicole Hughes -- 561-233-2768
Finance and Facilities -- Alicia Garrow -- 561-233-2600
Information Technology -- Peter Brandt -- 561-233-2750
System Services -- Adam Davis -- 561-233-2784
Technical Services -- Sue Bermann -- 561-649-5415